Post: Director of the Northern Education Trust Staff College (NETSC)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary Range: National Joint Council (NJC) terms and conditions SCP 52 – 54 (£60,106 - £63,766) subject to job evaluation
Working Type: Full Time, 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year (30 days annual leave)
Base: North Shore Academy, Talbot Street, Stockton on Tees (with regular travel to other academies in the trust)
Please note: the post holder will be engaging in regulated activity and will have the opportunity for contact with children. This position is exempt from the rehabilitation of offender’s act 1974. It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
Northern Education Trust (NET) is a charitable education Trust with a good track record for school improvement. The Trust sponsors 21 academies; 11 secondary and 10 primaries across the North of England in eleven Local Authority regions.
Northern Education Trust would like to present you with a truly exceptional, career defining opportunity to lead the NETSC, reporting directly to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer (DCEO). The successfully candidate will have pivotal, trust-wide responsibility for the recruitment, retention and professional development of all colleagues within NET and across the wider education sector. We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, energetic, dynamic and ambitious individual to deliver our extensive programme of staff development which includes our Initial Teacher Training (ITT), Early Career Framework (ECF), National Professional Qualifications (NPQ) and other role specific training programmes (including training for support staff).
If appointed, you will have unprecedented exposure to significant leaders in the education sector, directly working on projects with the Department for Education, national training providers, research organisations and CEOs of highly successful academy trusts.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of developing others to ensure exceptional outcomes for students.
- Have extensive experience as an outstanding senior leader.
- Have a clear vision of how to drive the growth and development of the NETSC.
- Be able to lead, motivate and inspire colleagues at all levels.
- Be resilient, hard-working, solution focused and whole heartedly committed to transforming staff development and student outcomes.
What you can expect from us:
- An outstanding network of support from the NET executive leadership team.
- A fully resourced facility from which training and conference events can be hosted.
- A friendly and supportive team who go the extra mile.
- A trust wide drive to provide the highest quality staff development in line with our NORTHERN model of school improvement.
- The benefits of Perkbox, a global employee benefits platform, offering amongst other benefits a variety of discounts for major retailers
- Access to salary sacrifice schemes such as Tusker, an award-winning car scheme and one of the most affordable ways for employees to drive a brand new fully insured and maintained car
- 30 days annual leave per year
The Trust is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. All posts are subject to enhanced disclosure and barring service checks. We expect all adults to share our commitment to safeguarding and the health and wellbeing of our pupils.
For more information or an informal discussion about the post, please contact Richard Whitfield, Associate Principal at email@example.com or by mobile to 07828 611669
Closing date: 23 May 2022, Noon.
We reserve the right to close early if a significant number of applications are received.